Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Better than Ever, from good to great

Life can throw many curve balls and fast balls at you. I've always believed that things happen for a reason and He doesn't give us more than we can handle. Our challenges in life make us better, or are supposed to and if we were to compare our challenges with someone else's we'd see that they aren't as bad as we originally thought.
    My life went from good to great when I met my husband. He would remain calm in the storm, analyze the situation and we'd get through it. Both of us were married before and we have children from our previous life. This attributes to some unorganized chaos from time to time. As a family and individually, we get to travel a lot. My husband travels for work, as do I. I love what I do, as a writer, author, photographer and spa owner. My husband is very supportive of whatever endeavors I wish to take on. So naturally I love surprising him when I can. Whether its a weekend trip to the coast, or out to dinner or a sporting event. He's always telling me how much he loves me and how beautiful I am. Even if he is biased, we all need to feel special.
    In addition to my husband, my work I believe has improved. I am able to focus on my writing and have published my first book, hopefully there will be many more and they will be successful. It's always a struggle and take discipline when you work from home too.
    I have also been able to give more of my time to charity and non-profit causes. I'm thinking I may need to scale back though. I am using my time and talents to help others and our community. I've always loved the feeling of being able to help others and make a difference.
    Life isn't without its speed bumps and hills, but I know that whatever is going on, will come out well and I have someone to share it with; the good, the great and bumps in between.
Dove® gofresh™ Facebook Contest Page (http://apps.facebook.com/dovebetterthanever/)
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Dove® gofresh™ blogging program, making me eligible to get a $25 gift card and some product. For more information on how you can participate, click here. http://www.twittermoms.com/forum/topics/celebrate-the-things-in-your)

No comments: